The Baldja Waangkiny (BW) Parent Group:
- Was formed/named on 28th March 2019 as voted by the parent partnership committee
- Is the formal name of Bannister Creek Primary School’s Aboriginal school community group
- The name of the committee means ‘Strongly United Talking/Talking Strong Together' in Noongar language
- Cherie Bobongie is the President of Baldja Waangkiny (BW) Committee
- All members of BW are from Bannister Creek Primary School as staff or local community members living in our school’s catchment zone
- The committee will meet at least four times per school year
- BW has a voice that is involved in decision making processes that involve Indigenous students & families.